Download Metamask for:
What you will need to get started - Metamask Requirements
1. A computer, laptop, or mobile phone
2. Somewhere to keep your password safe
3. A degree.. Only joking, that is really all!
Quick Steps: MetaMask Wallet Setup Guide
Desktop: Open your browser (Brave, Chrome, Edge, Firefox) - puzzle icon top right of browser. Install MetaMask via you the "web store" inside the extensions menu.
Go to App Store and install MetaMask.
Either Start New Wallet (save recovery phrase) or Import Wallet with Secret Recovery Phrase.
Add Correct Network (BSC, ETH, KCC, Polygon etc)
Full Guide to setting up MetaMask
Setup MetaMask on Mobile / Tablet
1. Go into your App store/Playstore on your mobile device.
2. Search for and install 'MetaMask - Buy, Send and Swap Crypto'.
3. Open MetaMask on your mobile device and follow the prompts until you reach the 'Wallet setup' screen.
4. Choose whether to Setup New Wallet or Import Wallet Secret Recovery
5. If you Setup a New Wallet, you will need to save and safeguard a 12 or 24 word password. This is your secret recovery password to access your wallet. Keep it Safe!
Setup MetaMask On Desktop
1. Go into your web browser (Brave, Chrome, Edge) and click on the puzzle icon in the top right on your browser screen.
2. Please note that you should create a profile in your browser so you can install your wallet there and manage it.
3. This helps with using multiple wallets for different people or purposes. Change colours of browser and image for easier identification between wallets.
4. Click "Manage Extensions".
5. This menu can also be reached by the Menu Bar (far top right), then Extensions ( sometimes under Tools menu)
6. Click "Web Store"
7. This is where you can find themes for your browser and extensions such as MetaMask to install into your browser
Adding Different Networks to MetaMask
As a standard, MetaMask comes preinstalled with the Ethereum network. Not all tokens and web3 websites operate on the Ethereum network and MetaMask has the ability to operate with a few different networks such as Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Avalance (AVAX), Kucoin Community Chain (KCC), Polygon Network (MATIC). and other blockchains.
Here is are some links to articles to add the different networks such as Binance Smart Chain to your MetaMask Wallet. Follow the links to find guides.
Avalanche Network - AVAX
Binance Smart Chain - BSC
Kucoin Community Chain - KCC
Polygon Network - MATIC